Notice is hereby given that the City of Lexington will accept proposals on the preparation of appraisals of taxable and tax exempt real estate in Lexington, Virginia for the 2018 General Reassessment. The bid may be extended to the next General Reassessment solely at the option of the City and upon successful negotiation of project fees. This reassessment is to be effective July 1, 2018 for FY 19.
Stipulations for bids are as follows:
(1) All appraisals must be made in keeping with generally accepted appraisal practices.
(2) Adequate insurance must be carried by the firm in order to save the City of Lexington, its officers, and/or officials harmless from all claims, demands, suits, actions, recoveries and judgments of every kind brought against them by reason of any act of the appraisal firm or employees during the execution of this work.
(3) The appraiser must comply with all existing state statutes.
(4) All properties, taxable and nontaxable, must be appraised.
(5) Property must be classified in accordance with the Virginia Department of Taxation classification schedule.
(6) The appraisal will involve approximately 2,750 parcels.
(7) Bids should be submitted for a complete job, including all support costs such as clerical, equipment, computer record translation, reassessment notices and reassessment books.
(8) Appraisals must be completed by March 15, 2018 and hearings must be completed by June 15, 2018.
(9) Appraisers will be available to consult with the Board of Equalization if required and arrange for periodic updates.
All interested and qualified appraisal firms are invited to submit a proposal. Bids must be submitted to the office of the Commissioner of the Revenue on or before 5:00 p.m. June 16, 2017. Bids submitted late will not be considered. The City of Lexington reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids.
For a copy of specifications, please contact the Karen T. Roundy, Lexington Commissioner of the Revenue at 540-462-3754.
By: Karen T. Roundy
Master Commissioner of the Revenue
300 E Washington Street, Room 103
Lexington, VA 24450