Events occur in downtown Lexington throughout the calendar year. Event organizers must apply for an event permit with the City and receive approval in order to effectuate an event. Many of these events, such as 5K runs, parades, and festivals require street closure. To apply for an event in Lexington, visit the web page or contact the City Manager's Office at 540-462-3700 // email@example.com.
Upcoming Planned Road Closures in Lexington:
Thursday 9/10/2020: From 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. North Main Street and North Jefferson Street from Henry Street to the Route 11 Bypass will be closed.
Saturday 10/17/2020: From 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. the following streets will be blocked or have limited passage for the Lee Hi Truck Parade:
- Main Street from Waddell Street to the northern City Limits
Monday 1/18/2021: From 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. the following streets will be blocked or have limited passage for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade:
- Parade would begin outside of Randolph Street United Methodist Church
- Randolph Street from the church until Preston Street
- Preston Street from Randolph Street to Main Street
- Main Street from Preston Street to Henry Street
- Henry Street from Main Street to Jefferson Street
- Jefferson Street from Henry Street to Preston Street
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Randolph Street; parade ends at starting point