Mr. Jason White is the current homeless liaison for Lexington City Schools. His contact information is below:
300 Diamond Street
Lexington, VA 24450
Homeless Education Services
Lexington City Schools are committed to providing support to our students experiencing homelessness. We provide programs to assist and help maintain a successful academic experience for all students. Our Homeless Liaison is responsible for ensuring the identification, enrollment and access to academic programs.
Information for Families
What families experiencing homelessness need to know:
- Children and youth who are homeless have a right to attend school;
- You do not need to have a permanent address to enroll in school;
- You have the right to attend the school you last attended before becoming homeless (school of origin) if evaluated to be in your best interest;
- Homeless children and youth have the right to immediate enrollment;
- Enrollment records, including past school records and health records are not a reason for denial to immediate school enrollment. Help securing these documents can be offered by your school personnel and the Homeless Liaison;
- If enrollment disputes arise, schools must provide you with written explanation and your right to appeal;
- Unaccompanied homeless youth have these same rights.